Webinar – Retail engagement: Building better relationships as investor demands evolve
In partnership with
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
8.00 am PT / 11.00 am ET / 4.00 pm BST / 5.00 pm CET
Duration: 45 minutes
Companies are seeing a growing need to engage with not only major asset managers but also individual shareholders. The number of engaged retail investors has exploded over the last couple of years – sparked in part by offers from commission-free trading platforms and individual shareholders seeing opportunities following the market crash of 2020.
The Covid-19 pandemic, campaigns for progress on diversity, equity and inclusion and the growing awareness of the severity and immediacy of the climate crisis have also caused investors both institutional and retail to ramp up pressure on companies to address ESG-related issues. In addition, many companies are considering the role of stakeholder capitalism, potentially bringing greater influence to other groups they affect, such as employees or local communities.
As a result, governance and investor relations teams need to be giving serious thought to how their companies engage with retail investors and others they have not traditionally worked with. In this webinar, our panel of experts will be discussing questions such as:
- What are some effective means for companies to reach out to retail investors?
- How can feedback from that constituency best be collected and analyzed?
- What are the best ways to make sure retail investors are engaged with before, during and after a virtual AGM?
- How can IR and governance teams best work together to create a retail engagement program?
- How can technology be used effectively in such programs? Can non-shareholders be engaged around virtual AGMs?
- What role should boards play in engagement with retail shareholders and other stakeholders?
|Moderator: Ben Maiden, editor-at-large, Corporate Secretary
|André Cinq-Mars, managing director, Canada, Lumi
|Andrew Kramer, vice president, investor relations, iRobot Corporation
Short, sharp and packed with expert insight, this webinar will get you up to speed on these critical issues in just 45 minutes. Sign up to BrightTALK to view this essential briefing and be informed of future webinars produced by Corporate Secretary.